Housing for Families
Happiness House Apartments
Happiness House Apartments, located in Canandaigua at 2508 Happiness House Boulevard, features 20 units including 18 1-bedroom and two 2-bedroom apartments with a full kitchen and living-dining area. Heat and hot water are included with rent; tenant pays electric. On-site laundry and a community room are available. Happiness House I Family Housing is located near the bus line, and is within a mile from restaurants, a pharmacy, and retail stores.
Happiness House Apartments feature independent living with support services for 10 units. These units will be reserved for households with at least one member who has a developmental disability, traumatic brain injury, or a physical disability and are eligible for services under a NYS waiver program.* Seven (7) units are for homeless or at-risk homeless individuals under the Homeless Housing and Assistance Program (HHAP).**
Two apartments are fully wheelchair accessible, one unit is for the hearing/visually impaired, and all apartments are handicapped visitable or adaptable. All apartments are smoke-free.
• Intercom entry system access
• Energy Star refrigerator, stove and dishwasher
• Laundry facilities in building
• Wired for cable TV and telephone
• Central air conditioning
• Heat and hot water included with rent
• Individually controlled heat and electric
• Community room with TV and computer workstations
• Free off-street parking
• Fire alarm and sprinkler systems
• Smoke-free housing
• Near bus route, grocery, pharmacy and shops
Family Housing: 20 Units
• 4 One-bedroom apts. @ 30% AMI: $594/month + electric
• 11 One-bedroom apts. @ 50% AMI: $594/month + electric
• 3 One-bedroom apts. @ 60% AMI: $658/month + electric
• 1 Two-bedroom apt. @ 50% AMI: $689/month + electric
• 1 Two-bedroom apt. @ 60% AMI: $785/month + electric
• All information on income and assets provided by applicants must be verified prior to occupancy. This qualification and certification process must also be completed annually upon renewal.
• Security deposit is equal to one month’s rent.
• Assistive animals for persons with a disability are accepted.
• This is a non-smoking community. Smoking is not allowed in any apartment or common area or within 50 feet of the buildings.
• Residency is limited to family households (HH) below 30% of the Annual Median Income (AMI) for four (4) one-bedroom apartments, below 50% of the Annual Median Income (AMI) for 11 one-bedroom apartments and one (1) two-bedroom apartments, and below 60% AMI for three (3) one-bedroom and one (1) two-bedroom apartments. Other occupancy requirements apply (see Program Information Sheet in the application packet).
• Maximum allowable incomes:
– @ 30% HH AMI: One person $16,050 | 2 persons $18,350
– @ 50% HH AMI: One person $26,750 | 2 persons $30,600 | 3 persons $34,400 | 4 persons $38,200
– @ 60% HH AMI: One person $32,100 | 2 persons $36,720 | 3 persons $41,280 | 4 persons $45,840.
• 10 apartments are for eligible NYS Waiver Program residents*
• 7 units are for homeless or at-risk homeless under HHAP**
For a complete application package, Program Information Sheet, and list of Tenant Selection Procedures, please click here or on the APPLICATION button.
Application packages can also be picked up at the following locations:
5415 County Road 30, Canandaigua, NY 14424 | (585) 394-9510
731 Pre-Emption Road, Geneva, NY 14456 | (315) 789-6850
Providence Housing Development Corporation
1150 Buffalo Rd., Rochester, New York 14624 | (585) 529-9555
Providence Housing is a not-for-profit corporation affiliated with the Roman Catholic Diocese of Rochester. Providence develops, finances and manages housing for individuals and families in the 12 counties of the Diocese of Rochester.
*Ten (10) units shall be dedicated to eligible NYS Waiver Program residents screened by Happiness House and housed according to eligibility and prioritization criteria. Happiness House, located at 5415 County Road 30, Canandaigua, NY 14424, may be contacted at (585) 394-9510.
**Seven (7) units are for homeless or at-risk homeless individuals under the Homeless Housing and Assistance Program (HHAP). These residents will also be able to access a variety of services, from counseling and recovery services for individuals, to grief counseling and meal delivery and more through Finger Lakes United Cerebral Palsy, Inc. (Happiness House). Happiness House, located at 5415 County Road 30, Canandaigua, NY 14424, may be contacted at (585) 394-9510.
NYS Governor Kathy Hochel
NYS HCR Commissioner RuthAnne Visnauskas