Housing for Seniors
Durand Senior Apartments
Located in the Town of Irondequoit at 4225 and 4250 Culver Road (adjacent to St. Salome Apartments), Durand Senior Apartments features 65 one- and five new two-bedroom apartments, with kitchen and living-dining area. All apartments are smoke-free. (Construction was completed in December, 2018)
Seven apartments are fully wheelchair accessible. Three units are for hearing/visually impaired persons. All apartments are handicapped visitable or adaptable.
- Intercom entry system and elevator access
- Fully equipped kitchen with Energy-Star appliances
- Bathrooms have grab bar in bathing area
- Community laundry facilities on each floor
- Washer/dryer hook-ups available in each apartment
- Wired for cable TV and telephone
- Central air conditioning
- Heat and hot water included with rent (tenant pays electric)
- Individually controlled heat and electric
- Community room
- Free off-street parking
- Emergency call system and sprinkler systems
- Smoke-free housing
- To qualify one adult must be at least 55 years old.
- Income and occupancy requirements apply
Providence Housing is a not-for-profit corporation affiliated with the Roman Catholic Diocese of Rochester. Providence develops, finances and manages housing for individuals and families in the 12 counties of the Diocese of Rochester.
St. Ann’s Adult Day Service at Durand
St. Ann’s Community Adult Day Service at Durand is located adjacent to Durand Senior Apartments and provides medical and social adult day care services to eligible seniors in the community at large.
Some of the services include hot midday meals, exercise and wellness programs, and skilled nursing and health monitoring. For more information, visit www.StAnnsCommunity.com or call (585) 697-6000.