Happiness House Apartments II (building two) located in Canandaigua at 2507 Happiness House Boulevard, features twenty- two (22) one- and two-bedroom apartments with a full kitchen and living-dining area. Five apartments are fully wheelchair accessible, one unit is for the hearing/visually impaired, and all apartments are handicapped visitable or adaptable. Heat and hot water are included with rent; tenant pays electric. On-site laundry and a community room are available. Happiness House II Family Housing is located on the bus line, and is within a mile from restaurants, a pharmacy, and retail stores.
Residents will also be able to access a variety of services, from counseling and recovery services for individuals suffering from substance abuse, to grief counseling and meal delivery services and more through Finger Lakes United Cerebral Palsy, Inc. (Happiness House).
All apartments are smoke-free.
Happiness House II Apartments are currently under construction and expected to be completed in the fall of 2020. Tenants will be selected on a random basis through the use of an application lottery (for 17 units).* See the Applications section below for details. Additional information may be found at NYHousingSearch.gov
• Intercom entry system access
• Energy Star refrigerator, stove and dishwasher
• Laundry facilities in building
• Wired for cable TV and telephone
• Central air conditioning
• Heat and hot water included with rent
• Individually controlled heat and electric
• Community room with TV and computer workstations
• Free off-street parking
• Fire alarm and sprinkler systems
• Smoke-free housing
• On-site case management support for ESSHI residents
• On bus route and nearby grocery, pharmacy and shops
Family Housing: 17 Units
• 13 One-bedroom apts. @ 50% AMI: $600/month + electric
• 2 One-bedroom apts. @ 60% AMI: $695/month + electric
• 2 Two-bedroom apts. @ 50% AMI: $675/month + electric
At initial project rent-up, no unit may be leased to a household that would be paying housing costs (basic rent plus the allowance for tenant-paid utilities) which are less than 25%, or more than 48% of that household’s income.
• All information on income and assets provided by applicants must be verified prior to occupancy. This qualification and certification process must also be completed annually upon renewal.
• Security deposit is equal to one month’s rent.
• Assistive animals for persons with a disability are accepted.
• This is a non-smoking community. Smoking is not allowed in any apartment or common area or within 50 feet of the buildings.
• Residency is limited to family households (HH) below 50% of the Annual Median Income (AMI) for 13 one-bedroom apartments and two two-bedroom apartments and below 60% AMI for two one-bedroom apartments. Other occupancy requirements apply (see Program Information Sheet in the application packet).
• Maximum allowable incomes @ 50% HH AMI: One person $26,750 | 2 persons $30,600 | 3 persons $34,400 | 4 persons $38,200 and @ 60% HH AMI: One person $32,100 and 2 persons $36,720.
• Five (5) apartments are for ESSHI referrals*
The initial application period was from July 15, 2020, to September 14, 2020. All applications had to be received during the initial application period to be included in the lottery. At the end of the initial application period, all applications received were placed in priority order via random lottery in our compliance software program. The lottery was held on September 15, 2020, at 12 Noon at Providence Housing (1150 Buffalo Rd., Rochester, NY 14624). To view the live lottery video, click here.
For a complete application package, Program Information Sheet, and list of Tenant Selection Procedures, please click here or on the APPLICATION button.
Application packages can also be picked up at the following locations:
5415 County Road 30, Canandaigua, NY 14424 | (585) 394-9510
731 Pre-Emption Road, Geneva, NY 14456 | (315) 789-6850
Providence Housing Development Corporation
1150 Buffalo Rd., Rochester, New York 14624 | (585-529-9555)
Providence Housing is a not-for-profit corporation affiliated with the Roman Catholic Diocese of Rochester. Providence develops, finances and manages housing for individuals and families in the 12 counties of the Diocese of Rochester.
*Five (5) units will be reserved for eligible NYS Empire State Homeless Housing Initiative (ESSHI) residents referred by Happiness House. Residents will be screened and housed according to eligibility and prioritization criteria. Happiness House, located at 5415 County Road 30, Canandaigua, NY 14424, may be contacted at (585) 394-9510.
NYS Governor Andrew Cuomo
NYS HCR Commissioner RuthAnne Visnauskas